COVID-19 Safe travel in Belize
Safe Travel in Belize
Visitors are now required to purchase Belize Travel Insurance at the International Airport upon arrival. International tourists must book at a Gold Standard approved hotel. Caribbean Shores B&B is gold standard certified.
1. 9-Point Program
This 9-point program seeks to enhance the tourism industry’s health and safety standards by adapting new behaviours and procedures to ensure both employees and travellers are confident in the cleanliness and safety of Belize’s tourism product.
In this initial phase of reopening for international visitation, hotels approved for reopening will operate within a “tourism safe corridor”. Hotels approved to open within the safe corridor:
- Have achieved the Tourism Gold Standard Certificate of Recognition
In addition to the above, hotels will also be implementing:
- social distancing and the use of face masks while in public spaces;
- online check-in/out, contactless payment systems, and automated ordering/booking systems;
- hand sanitizing stations across the property;
- enhanced room cleaning and increase sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces;
- daily health checks for guests and employees;
- designated ‘Isolation/Quarantine rooms’ for suspected Covid-19 cases and action plans for handling suspected employees or guests.
Travellers will be able to enjoy their Belize vacation while being confident their safety is the hotel’s top priority.
Effective March 1, 2022
Fully vaccinated travelers are no longer required a negative test but must show proof of vaccination for entry into Belize’s airport, land borders, or seaports. If travellers are not fully vaccinated or unable to show proof of vaccination, they are subjected to SARSCov2 testing for entry into Belize. The PCR test must be taken within 72 hours and the Antigen rapid test must be taken within 48hours. Otherwise, a Covid 19 test can be administered at the airport for 50USD.
Follow all the safety protocols and enjoy Belize!
A Covid 19 test is also required before departure. We can refer you to the testing sites around the area. We also partner with a company that can come to Caribbean Shores B&B to take the test. Ask the front desk for more information upon arrival. Price is 75USD for the rapid antigen test.